Arizona Highways says a bookstore is “the last thing you’d expect to find on a working ranch in a wide expanse of cactus and creosote.”
But find it you will just north of Benson. The Singing Wind Bookshop will hold its annual Thanksgiving Fiesta, Nov. 23. The store’s owner, Winn Bundy, embodies the West’s can do spirit. She developed the store as a labor of love–in her home on a working ranch!
The event will feature southern Arizona writers reading from their recently published works.
Authors to be at the event:
- Jack and Anna Mary Childs, Ambushed on the Jaguar Trail, nonfiction
- Rebecca Cramer, High Stakes at San Xavier, a mystery
- Boyd Finch, Legacies of Camelot: Stewart and Lee Udall, American Culture, and the Arts, nonfiction
- Susan Lang, Moon Lily, a novel
- Jane Eppinga, They Made Their Mark: An Illustrated History of The Society of Woman Geographers, nonfiction
- Tom Holm, The Osage Rose, a novel
- Robert Mesta, Condor: Spirit of the Canyon, a children’s book
When: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 23
Where: 700 W. Singing Wind Road , Benson
Complimentary valet parking will be provided.